“Small holdup ensures quick response to changes in operating conditions, quick start-up and an easy switchover”
A Falling Film Evaporator (FFE) is a vertical shell and tube heat exchanger with a vapor- liquid separator mounted at the bottom.
The liquid to be concentrated is fed at the top of the heated tubes and distributed in such a way that it flows down on the inside surface of the tubes as a thin film. As the film gets heated, the vapors generated flow co-currently. The drag of vapors increases the turbulence and improves heat transfer performance. The vapor and balance liquid are separated in the vapor- liquid separator.
- Suitable for heat sensitive products
- Gentle evaporation with a short residence time in the evaporator
- Can operate under reasonable vacuum
- Multiple effect arrangement provides steam economy
- Concentration of dilute solutions of heat sensitive products such as plant extracts
- As a reboiler to a distillation column
- Recovery of solvents from contaminants
- Pre-concentration before ATFE or ATFD
- Solvent recovery after extraction
* This is a required field.