“The most energy efficient dryer in the market. Thermal efficiency exceeds 90%”
A vertical Agitated Thin Film Dryer (ATFD-V) has a centrally located rotor having closely fitting blades. It rotates in a precision-machined jacketed shell.
The feed is converted into a thin film, which is intensely agitated due to action of the high-speed rotor. The feed material goes through phases of slurry, paste and wet powder, before coming out as a dry powder.
- Residence time of a few seconds, well suited for heat sensitive products
- Can be used as Vacuum Dryer for reduced temperature, operating pressure as low as 1mbar
- Indirect heating, particularly effective for oxygen sensitive products
- Air free operation, full recovery of organic solvents
- Dust free powder of relatively higher bulk density
- Powder of uniform consistency, eliminating downstream pulverizer
- Pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs and intermediates
- Water soluble proteins
- Dyes, pigments and intermediates
- Organic and inorganic salts
- Clean room applications
- Possibility of getting amorphous powders
- Solvents and products from residue
- DMSO from salts
- Glycerine from salts and residue
- Organic solvents or products from salt bearing waste streams
* This is a required field.