“Operating vacuum as low as 0.001 mbar helps in distilling high boiling and heat sensitive products at lower temperatures”
A Short Path Distillation Unit (SPDU) is also called as Molecular Distillation Unit.
It is distinguished from a standard Agitated Thin Film Evaporator by an internally mounted condenser. The vapor generated on the heated surface travels a very short distance to reach the condenser surface, thus eliminating pressure drop. Operation under fine vacuum down to 0.001mbar is possible.
- Enhanced vacuum can lower boiling point by 100 to 150°C
- Excellent for gently processing heat sensitive, high boiling products
- Residence time of a few seconds
- Required distillation achieved in a single pass
- Excellent turndown capability
- Wiper basket with a splash guard whenever required
- Heating temperatures up to 400oC
- Pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs, esters and tocopherols distillation
- Epoxy resins, plasticizers, and stabilizers
- Fatty acid distillation , fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids and glycerides
- Fine Chemicals, silicone oils, and higher alcohols
- Re-refining of spent lube oil
- Purification of natural and synthetic waxes
* This is a required field.