“A continuous crystallizer exhibiting plug flow and low attrition of crystals”
Inside a Plug Flow Crystallizer (PFC), a shaft with uniquely arranged blades rotates within a shell. The product flows through in a nearly plug flow manner under uniform and gentle agitation. Multiple heating /cooling sections provide controlled temperature gradients. Gentle agitation minimizes breakage of crystals. It can have several openings along its length for addition of seeds or anti-solvents.
- Runs continuously, residence time from 0.5 hours to 10 hours is possible
- Can be operated in cooling or evaporative mode.
- Crystallization with anti-solvents is possible
- Can be used with high percentage of solids in slurries
- Good control on concentration profile to avoid uncontrolled nucleation
- Plug flow conditions and low attrition between crystals
- Easy conversion from batch operation to continuous operation
- Bulk drugs and intermediates
- Fine chemicals
- Inorganic and organic salts
- Any application where close crystal size distribution is desired
* This is a required field.