Agitated Thin Film Dryer, Horizontal
This dryer can handle feed streams in the form of solution, slurry or wet cake
A horizontal Agitated Thin Film Dryer (ATFD-H) has a centrally located rotor having closely fitting blades. It rotates in a precision-machined jacketed shell.
The feed in the form of solution, slurry or wet cake is converted into a thin film, which is intensely agitated due to action of the high-speed rotor. Depending upon the nature of the feed, it goes through phases of slurry, paste and wet powder, before coming out as a dry powder.
- Feed as solution, slurry or cake is acceptable. Thus addition of solvent to the feed is not required to make it flowable.
- Indirect heating, particularly effective for oxygen sensitive products
- Air free operation, full recovery of organic solvents
- Residence time of a few seconds, well suited for heat sensitive products
- Dust free powder of relatively higher bulk density
- Operating pressure as low as 1mbar for reduced temperatures
- Solutions, slurries or filter cakes of organic and inorganic salts
- Dyes and pigments
- Drug intermediates